Thursday, October 15, 2015

4 of 7 Prayers for My Wife's Upcoming Year

Day 4 Gift: Crown of Righteousness Merit Badge

When the time comes to receive our heavenly rewards, scripture mentions 5 different types of crowns we could receive. The one that stuck out the most to me is this Crown of Righteousness we receive for eagerly anticipating the return of our King. But in heaven I think crowns will be more like merit badges where the best part is not receiving them but it's earning them. I don't think you'll be comparing crowns in heaven, but I do think you'll be swapping stories as to how sweet it was to be eagerly anticipating the greatest homecoming the universe has ever known, asking "Where were you when it happened?"

Today's Verse: 2 Timothy 4:8
“And now the prize awaits me—the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on the day of his return. And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to his appearing.”


Today's Prayer: God, give us the excitement to be with You face-to-face. Too often our hearts are fixed on idols of this world, but if we only saw a fraction of your presence we would truly act in line with Paul's moto that to live is Christ and to die is gain. Help us to prepare for your return with the honor and excitement that you are due.

Today's Worship Song: Even so come, Kristian Standfill

No comments:

Post a Comment