Tuesday, October 13, 2015

2 of 7 Prayers for My Wife's Upcoming Year

Day 2 Gift: Cleansing coal
Again, this seems like a gift only for bad kids at Christmas, but when you're standing before the ultimate judge of the universe there isn't anything else you would want to have than the cleansing power of Christ. It's better to take your medicine now than let the sickness get worse.

Today's Verse: Isaiah 6:5-7
Then I said, “It’s all over! I am doomed, for I am a sinful man. I have filthy lips, and I live among a people with filthy lips. Yet I have seen the King, the LORD of Heaven’s Armies.” Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a burning coal he had taken from the altar with a pair of tongs. He touched my lips with it and said, “See, this coal has touched your lips. Now your guilt is removed, and your sins are forgiven.”


Today's Prayer: God, forgive us of our unclean lips. Forgive us for every I'll spoken word about You, ourselves, and any of your children. Forgive us specifically for any negative talk we've spread about your bride, the Church. Help us to speak life into your Church. Forgive us for harnessing and taming this holy communion instead of just holding on to the uncontrollable rush of the Holy Spirit filling up your temple. Show us your vision for the Church and the things we need to let go of. Let this gathering be fully focused on You. Show us where we've missed the boat, or perhaps gotten out of the boat only to fear the wind and waves instead of the almighty power of Jesus Christ. Give us awareness to see what needs to be removed, replaced, or refocused to serve You instead of me.

Today's Worship Song: Clear the Stage, Jimmy Needham

No comments:

Post a Comment