Friday, April 23, 2010

Where did you say your were from again? (6:41-42)

jews grumble how can he say I came down from heaven
Here's the response to Jesus' claims we discussed in the last post. The whole idea of Jesus as the bread of life becomes something of a turning point in his ministry. A lot of the followers get disgruntled and decide to bounce. It's not so much the claims that Jesus was delivered by God's bread truck but the fact that he tells them they need to eat the bread. Jesus is basically demanding cannibalism. Since I was not raised on the idea of transubstantiation, I believe Jesus is speaking in metaphors again. However, Peter is usually pretty dense when it comes to some of the teachings, so it makes me wonder if he didn't try to take a bite at some point.

I considered drawing a picture of people eating Jesus' flesh, but that's a little too far over the top even for me...unless Jesus is being attacked by zombies in which case it's free game.


If you make all over your food Jesus shaped:

No comments:

Post a Comment