Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Greatest thing since sliced bread (John 6:32-33)

jesus bread from heaven
Jesus as bread from heaven seems kinda random until you see the reference to God providing manna to the Israelites on their trek out of Egypt (see Exodus 16). Jesus responds to the crowd's demand for a miraculous sign by proclaiming himself as the new bread from Heaven.

It appears Jesus was dealing with some hungry people since the last few posts are all about bread. If you're gonna try to make heaven a vending machine why wouldn't you order something better? Most sign seekers are so unimaginative. Try this one on for size: “Jesus, if you want me to go to church this Sunday I need you to give me a sign by sending a Bugatti Veyron around to pick me up.”


If you come pick me up in your absurdly expensive car:

No comments:

Post a Comment