Friday, April 16, 2010

Jesus the figure skater (John 6:19)

jesus walking on water
One of my all-time favorite things to draw is people freaking out. I'm not completely sure why. Maybe I just like to get a reaction out of everyone, even from the people I draw.

I've been finding some interesting modern explanations for how Jesus walked on water. Some suggest Jesus was actually on the shore and the disciples were just confused in the storm. Well, seeing as a portion of the disciples were fisherman, they would have to be pretty crappy at their job to fall for that one. Others suggest that Jesus was walking on a sand bar. That is one impressive sand bar to stretch out to the middle of the lake. Curious how no one ever saw the sand bar before or after that night. My new favorite is that during the time period, weather conditions were favorable such that freak cold spells could create floating ice that would have been hidden under the waves but could have supported the weight of a man. Now, I'm not doubting the scientific validity of the research, but when was the last time you walked on ice...that was submerged in water...in a storm. It would be more of a miracle that he was able to walk about three miles on submerged ice than if he just walked on the water.

I find it interesting that analytical minds interested only in the truth are so willing to throw out the scientific method (or common sense for that matter) just to prove miraculous religious events were faked or just natural phenomenon. So, let me lay it down for you. Either Jesus walked on water or the story is lie. You believe or you don't. It's that simple.


If you can prove Jesus was actually standing on two dolphins to simulate walking on water:

No comments:

Post a Comment