Thursday, April 16, 2015

Delusions of Grandeur


Today I received a crazy idea.

I dreamed of creating a Bible reading plan for the Bible app (a.k.a YouVersion). I'm not really sure where it came from, but it hit me during my morning devotions. Then I got caught up all morning thinking about it so much so that I may have forgotten I was in the middle of devotions. Maybe that's a good thing if it's what God is asking me to do. But how do I know? What if this was just a crazy idea I had? It wouldn't be the first time I got side tracked. Or worse...what if this is a spiritual trap to purposefully busy myself with something God hasn't asked me to do?

Well, lets take a look. What does it take to get a Bible reading plan in the Bible app?


Well...that's not a good sign. I guess this was just a crazy idea.

Meanwhile... I've been reading through Genesis and I've been intrigued at Abraham and his descendants. How crazy is it that God would promise Abraham to be the father of Nations when he was in his 70's, but then God wouldn't fulfill this promise until he was 100! God also promised that his family would own all the land of Israel, but in his lifetime, the only land he owned was a burial ground for his wife. God's time table of fulfilling promises is far different that ours. Just look at Joseph. God gave him crazy dreams that he would rule over everyone and his brothers tried to kill him for it! Several decades later those prophecies are be proven true.

I'm reminded of I time Joseph was told about two other people's dreams.

Then they said to him, “We have had a dream and there is no one to interpret it.” Then Joseph said to them, “Do not interpretations belong to God? Tell it to me, please.” (Genesis 40:8)

Recently, my wife has been telling me that just because God is giving you ideas and dreams doesn't mean He is telling you to do them right away. Hold on to them for later at a time where God opens the doors for you step into His promises.

Maybe a YouVersion Bible Plan is just a crazy dream, but don't interpretations belong to God. I've been told that if your dream is impossible that it's a good sign that it may be from God so He can get all the glory. Well, God, I place this dream at your feet. I'll go where ever you lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment