Friday, June 18, 2010

HEE HEE HOO HOO (John 16:21)

Before I go off on a tangent, I want to get the business end out of the way. This verse is a metaphor Jesus is using to say that the disciples will soon be grieving because of Jesus' oncoming arrest and execution, but the end result will bring them joy. Now that that's over, are you enjoying this picture as much as I enjoyed drawing it? Something about drawing an angry pregnant women is hilarious. You should try it sometime. Or maybe it's just me.

I just realized that this verse never says anything about the mother being angry. It only talks about pain and grief. Is it true that women yell at their husbands during labor or is that just in the movies? I'm not a frequent spectator of the delivery room so I have no idea. Maybe I attributed anger to pain because that's a guy's reaction to pain. “You stupid rusty nail! How dare you rip through my foot? This is obviously your fault, inanimate object!”

If a woman's solution to pain isn't anger, what is it? Crying. That's a woman's solution to all problems. Am I right, guys? AM I RIGHT? Any husbands that just answered yes to that question will now be sleeping on the couch for the rest of the week. And you wondered why I'm not married. That mystery has now been solved.


If you own a comfy couch for just such occasions:

No comments:

Post a Comment