Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Inaccurate picture, Part 1 (John 3:30)

incorrect picture of become greater less
Here is my initial visualization of Jesus becoming greater (or increasing) and John becoming less (or decreasing). Until recently, I missed the fundamental error in my drawing. Can you figure out what is wrong with this interpretation without looking ahead to the answer?

In this picture, I am classifying importance by height, so the higher the better, but when using a weighing scale the bigger object is lower because it is heavier. So to be more accurate the dish containing “Jesus” should be moving downward signifying that his portion is increasing. I could switch the drawing around to match, but something about it doesn't look as artistically pleasing.

The good news is that I have remedied the problem in what I find to be a much more entertaining solution. The bad news is you will have to wait until Friday to see it.


If you can come up with a more appropriate greater/lesser picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment