Sunday, October 18, 2015

7 of 7 Prayers for My Wife's Upcoming Year

Day 7 Gift: Magnesium-alloy yoke with neck cushions
So here's the nerd coming out: magnesium-allow is the strongest, lightest metal we know of to date. It's the kind of stuff Jesus would use to yoke us together for all time, but gift us with an easy burden. He'd even throw in some neck cushions to make sure you're extra comfy cuz that's the kind of guy He is.


Today's Verse: Matthew 11:28-30
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

Today's Prayer: Thank You for Your guidance and direction. Thank You that you didn't give us Your yoke so that You could just drag us along beside You, or so that we should provide the direction, but that You are training us to follow You. Jesus I have no idea how to find rest on my own so please lead me there. Take me under Your guidance that I might learn to please God.


Today's Worship Song: You Will Never Run, Rend Collective


BONUS PRAYER: God, thank You for my wife. Thank You for this amazing best friend that You've dropped into my lap. Thank You for how You are growing us together in Christ, and thank You for how You are leading her deeper into You each day.

BONUS TRACK: You are the best thing, Ray LaMontagne


1 comment:

  1. Babe,

    You are such an incredible husband, and even more so, a best friend. Your constant love is if such high quality and so rare that is reminds me of Jesus' love. I am so thankful God opened my eyes to you almost 4 years ago now as you are my most precious earthly treasure. Thank you for an amazing birthday week. I love you.

    ReplyDelete