Monday, September 14, 2015

Breaking the Bible app

So we're trying something new! My church small group is memorizing a verse a week so why not draw it too! And while I'm at it, since most of my group is connected through the Bible app (a.k.a. YouVersion) let's post it there! Below is the first one. 

If you want to connect with me on the Bible app, under Find Friends search for "darconfree"


When I meditated on the idea of God's masterpiece--or many translations use the word "workmanship"--I kept seeing this imagery of Pinocchio. I think of a loving Geppetto crafting a child out of wood, but mostly I'm stuck on the imagery of a puppet given life without strings. By the blood of Christ, we are made anew--we have been given freedom from the control of sin.

"I've got no strings to hold me down
To make me fret or make me frown
I had strings, but now I'm free
There are no strings on me
Hi-ho the me-ri-o
That's the only way to go
I want the world to know
Nothing ever worries me"
     -lyrics from Disney's Pinocchio

We are a miraculous creation built for a purpose, but like Pinocchio, we are often pulled toward's mischief. Our overly loving God doesn't force us to do His will even though He could. He does however have plans set up for us to do His good works. You are free to choose...

No comments:

Post a Comment