Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Doodlebug (John 13:35)

I first drew all of these pictures in a notebook. When they were transferred to the computer I took the time to fix them up a little and add more detail where needed. This drawing isn't as polished as the other ones for three reasons: [1] This picture is a great example of how I really draw these things, [2] I didn't think additional details like completing the legs of the happy guy really added anything more to the picture, [3] I got lazy.

Traditionally my church doodles are drawn right there in the bulletin while I'm listening to the sermon. While other people are filling in the blanks in the outline for “God loves   YOU   ,” I've drawn a picture of God giving some kid a bear-hug. I only use a pen so I've gotta deal with any screw-ups on the fly. One of the issues is that since a bulletin is already full of words, I often run out of blank space. That's part of the reason happy guy in this picture doesn't have any feet. In the original notebook, the drawings are four to a page so the picture for the next post is actually taking the space where the feet should be. And that's how the magic happens (well at least that's why some of my drawings are missing parts).


If you knew a doodlebug was the name for antlion larva:

No comments:

Post a Comment