Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Best. Verse. EVER! (John 11:35)

jesus wept
Were you ever in Sunday School and the teacher asked you to recite a Bible verse? John's got your back. Two words and you're done (three more when you include the citation). In your face, teacher. I just found the loophole in your little game. For me, it became almost a running gag. At one point we even drew up an outline for a traditional three point sermon out of these two words. This will always be one of my favorite verses for those reasons. Even today when someone asks for a verse this is my go-to. The funny thing is that nowadays it always seems to apply. Whether it's the humanity of Jesus that this verse shows or the revelation that he really cares about your problems or whatever else, this verse is amazingly applicable.

I originally drew this as a simple sketch, but since I have such a fondness for this verse I had to make sure this picture was top notch. I decided to do some experimenting which finally developed into this negative effect. I think the imagery really paid off.


If you noticed the post's title is longer than the verse itself:

No comments:

Post a Comment